Thank you for your much-appreciated interest in volunteering for AIRSHOW LONDON 2017. Air show success is dependent on the hard work and dedication of volunteers. Once again AIRSHOW LONDON is seeking motivated individuals to help support a variety air show activities, including: show setup, operations, hospitality and many others listed below. If you are interested in taking part as a volunteer please review the job descriptions below and complete the volunteer registration form. Due the popularity of some roles we ask that you consider three possible options. Every effort will be made to accommodate option one however your support may be required elsewhere. You will be contacted if we can't accommodate your first selection.
The air show is a unique volunteer experience and as such there are a few things all perspective volunteers should be aware of. Most volunteer positions will be outdoors and as such volunteers will be subject to the elements. The show venue is quiet expansive; volunteering will involve walking, sometimes on uneven surfaces. Volunteers will be asked to participate in mandatory training session in the build up to the show.
Thank you for your interest. If you have any questions about the volunteer opportunities please feel free to contact AIRSHOW LONDON planning at: [email protected]
• Volunteers will be responsible for operation of the onsite VIP venue and Flight Line Pub.
• Responsibilities may include setting up tables/chairs, restocking suppliers, and serving food/beverages.
• Volunteer training will be provided. Volunteers can expect moderate to high physical activity.
• Most hospitality position will be outdoors.
• Will be responsible for assisting with the deployment of site infrastructure such as fencing, tents, displays, and other services/utilities.
• Volunteers can expect a heavy physical activity including lifting.
• Pre-show setup will occur outdoors.
• Show performances will not be scheduled during the pre-show setup.
• Volunteers supporting show operations will be responsible for on-site logistics including minor repairs, sanitation, supply distribution/replenishment, and other tasks as required to support the show.
• Volunteers can expect moderate to high physical activity.
• Most operations volunteers will be scheduled outdoors.
• Will be the face of the Air Show and will be onsite to support the customer experience.
• Will be stationed throughout the showgrounds to answer customer questions and provide guidance as required.
• Volunteers can expect light to moderate physical activity.
• Most guest services volunteers will be positioned outdoors.
• Volunteers supporting gate admissions will be responsible for onsite ticket sales and ticket validation.
• Volunteers may also be asked to respond to questions and direct customers as required.
• Training will be provided to volunteers.
• Volunteers with an outgoing, customer focused attitude will have the most success.
• Gate admissions will be positioned outside.
• Responsible for directing show guests & crew to the appropriate routes in and around the Air Show.
• Support guest transportation to offsite parking facilities.
• Report to the on duty traffic manager.
• Positions are primarily outdoors.
• Light physical activity, much of the shift will be standing.
• Training will be provided as required, but leadership and planning skills are beneficial.
• Monitor the show and ensure the safety and security of all show participants, including preventing unauthorized access.
• Report to the on duty security manager.
• Light physical activity, much of the day will be spent standing.
• Positioned at outdoors.
• All relevant training will be provided, however leadership, planning, and incident response skill are assets in the security position.
• Responsible for ensuing parking lots are operated safely and efficiently including providing direction to show guests and information about transportation services.
• Work outside during the schedule shift.
• Report to the on-duty parking manager.
• While relevant training will be provide volunteers with the ability to follow directions is an asset.
• Comfortable working in and around moving vehicles.